Catelyn is an associate focusing on family building, estate matters and children’s rights. She is a native Washingtonian and graduated from Denison University with a B.A. in English Literature.
She practices in Maryland and Virginia.
Catelyn has her J.D. from New England School of Law in Boston. While in law school, Catelyn focused her education on family law and the rights of children. She helped start the Education Law and Policy Association at New England Law. She was also a member of the Family Law Society and Children’s Law Society.
In law school, Catelyn received a mediation award and a CALI Award for Trial Practice. She also worked as a law clerk at Children’s Legal Services in Boston. In this capacity, she worked with children in the foster care system. Catelyn attended Individualized Education Plan (IEP) meetings with her clients as an Educational Advocate. She had the opportunity to assist in several court investigations and attended hearings for clients ranging from truancy to termination of parental rights.
During her law school summer, Catelyn worked with First Star, a national non-profit which advocates for the rights of children in the foster care system. Catelyn has a passion for working with children and seeing that all children have a safe and happy home.
In her spare time, Catelyn participates with the Montgomery County Bar Foundation Pro Bono Program handling divorces for pro bono clients.
Catelyn has attended the following trainings and Continuing Legal Education seminars.
- Ethical Tools to Defuse Incivility
- The Rita Rosenkrantz Family Law Training
- Special Education and Medicaid Fair Hearing
Catelyn is a member of the following:
- Admitted to the Maryland Bar
- Admitted to the Virginia State Bar
- American Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Montgomery County
- Women’s Bar Association
- Family Law Sections of the Bar Association of Montgomery County and Maryland State Bar Association
- Collaborative Law Section of the Bar Association of Montgomery County
- Education Law Section of the Bar Association of Montgomery County
- Juvenile Law Section of the Bar Association of Montgomery County